Friday, October 9, 2009

15. Sayings Nov 15 Wed

(3:59 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"I een do dat!" (CB Trevor Cuffy : DT ??)

"OK, so Franke, I have gone over the list of names you gave me and I think I might have an alternative for you. I have asked around and put out some feelers around here and up north and I think I know most of those people's people. I think I might be able to talk to some people and get most of those people to lay off. Not to forgive the debts you understand, I am not going to ask them to do that for your boy. But I will ask them to give time.If anyone refuses, we can bring a little pressure to bear. Worst comes to worst, we have to find that money quicker. If you have to have a steak out, you have to have a steak out. That's gonna be a tough sell though. Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

"Bill, I don't know how to thank you enough. I will pray that it doesn't come down to a steak out for any of it. I really don't want to face that either. Like I say, I wouldn't mind having a steak out if he was sick or injured, but doing it for this just doesn't seem right to me. I will do it if I have to to protect him, but I sure hope I don't have to. What would his poor mother think? If only she was still with us."

(4:20 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"She was a fine woman Franke, a fine woman. I always say that she was taken too soon. Too soon. I don't know what she saw in a bad head like you though. You know if I wasn't hooked up tight with Jatenka Curry when you were courting Debra I would have roached her from you."

Franke leaned back, stuck his head out of the open window and shouted to the neighbourhood, "We have a dreamer of dreams amoung us people. Run come see!"

(4:31 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"Man, Franke, why you go an do dat? Now I een ga get no rest fa people comin round here tryin ta get some clue what number ta buy. I don't need dat."

"Chile Bill, hushup yaseff, you know errybody done gat a dream book a dere own if dey is numbers people. Dey don't need ta bother you."

"Franke, you sure you is Bahamian? You don't know dese people hey? I thought dese were your people."

"Yeah well anyway, een no way in dis world you was ga roach Debra from me. Een nobody was up fa dat. I tell you dat my own self! Nobody! We had a thing going on."

(4:41 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"Anyway, Franke, I know you still miss her and I am sorry for that. Give me a few more days to speak to some people like I say and I will get back to you on this. Listen, I need to leave for the track soon. You doing anything? You wanna come down there with me and chill and we can grab a bite after?"

"I can do that, let me just run home and grab a few things first. You wanna come with me now? You want me to dash home and dash right back here, or you wanna meet over at the track?"

I will come with you now, just let me pack a few things in my bag first."

(4:46 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"Stick with me and I ga learn ya!" (CB Caroline Albury : DT David Albury)

(6:05 pm Nov 15, 2006)

Petro was out on his run. Pickle time. He had found another dill by his front door when he got home this afternoon after work. This one had pipe cleaner arms and legs and a mini t-shirt with the words "Shake da Dilly Tree" on the front in tiny letters. It had a face of sorts made from who knows what, he couldn't yet identify the materials, and it seemed to have that same little tooth pick flag from the other day saying "It's pickle time."

Petro ran on the right side of the road facing the oncoming traffic. He had on his reflector vest again. He was out on East Bay heading west. He tried to be very careful as people tended to speed on the way home from work.

Tonight, between the breeze and the pickle mystery his mind was wandering off more than usual. Usually, though, the oncoming head lights snapped him back to the hear and now.

It was a good thing too, a car came too close and he had to run into the bush. Everything would have been fine except that he stood on a loose rock and twisted his ankle before he pitched down head first into a small sea grape tree and some more rocks.

(6:17 pm Nov 15, 2006)

He was a bit stunned and lay there half on the ground and half in the bush for a while trying to get his bearings. After a while, he felt OK so he tried to get up. His left ankle would not co-operate with his plans. It gave out when he tried to support his weight and he almost fell again. It sent him a strong and painful message for his trouble as well.

"Man, just what I need, miles from home and only one good foot. Well, I better get going if I am going to have to hop all the way home. Maybe I can limp along instead," he said to himself, "ouch! Mudda take sick!""

Then he remembered that he had his cell in his pocket and decided to call around and see if he could find someone to come pick him up.

He took it out of his pocket and pressed talk. No dice. It refused to come on. "What? I fell that hard? Just what I need. Oh well, back to plan one."

(6:29 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"The devil and his wife are fighting over potcake." (CB Allison Collie : DT ??)

Loqui stepped out of the shower on to the bath mat and reached for the large towel on the rack. As she moved, she left foot print shaped wet spots on the bath mat. Loqui liked her showers hot. The whole bath room was steamed up. She smiled. She looked in the mirror but all she saw there was a vague image that must have been her but was unrecognizable as such.

Loqui was looking forward to going out with Petrosephas for dinner tonight.

The funny thing was that it was her cousin that had called to set up the dinner. When he had called, he had seemed a bit hesitant.

"What is it Big Byte?" she had asked.

"Well, Cuz, it's like this, I don't know if I should ask you this, but here goes. You know that guy who you have been refusing to talk to for a few years now? Petro?"

"Yes, I know who you mean."

"Well, are you still not talking to him?"

"You know Cuz, I don't really know. I have ended up talking to him a few times lately and it hasn't been all that bad, but it seems hard to just change my mind so fast after having it set so hard for so long."

"Well, he called me the other day. He told me that you two had talked a few times and asked if I would help him out."

"Well, go on."

"Well, he asked me to try and set up a dinner between the two of you."

Loqui thought that that was cute if a bit odd, "I didn't know you two were such good friends."

"You know Loqui, that's the weird thing, we're not that close. I know him, I see him at the LUG meetings once in a while, I will say hi if I see him in the street, but we are certainly not friends. I can't figure out why he would call me, but he did."

(6:58 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"Go on."

"Well, I don't know why I agreed, but I did and I am calling. Would you like to go out to dinner with him tonight? He said to tell you that he knows that it is short notice but to please consider it and that you could go some where down town and that you could get home early."

Loqui smiled again. She didn't know why, but she had said yes. She didn't know why, but she was looking forward to going to dinner with him."

(7:01 pm Nov 15, 2006)

She thought that perhaps one of the Greek places might be nice. He had offered to let her choose, but she had told her cousin to tell him to surprise her. She wondered where they would end up.

(7:12 pm Nov 15, 2006)

There were some nice places near by and to tell the truth, any of them would be fine. There were a few places around here that she did not care for and she trusted that they would not and up at any of them.

"A word to the wise is sufficient." (CB Sherle Knowles : DT Kellen and Jarrod Knowles)

Loqui jumped a bit as she pulled up her jeans and then tucked in her white cotton blouse. She slipped her feet into her current favourite pair of shoes. A pair of Clarks casuals that she had ordered over the net.

She sat down and took out her sketch book to pass some time and wait for Petro to come.

(8:23 pm Nov 15, 2006)

Loqui was beginning to be a bit more than annoyed. Petro was supposed to be by to get her at eight o'clock.

(8:29 pm Nov 15, 2006)

The doorbell sounded. "Just a second!" Loqui closed her sketchbook and went to the door. "What kept you? Oh, what are you doing here Cuz? I was expecting Petrosephas but he is not here yet?"

"Well Loqui, he may not be coming at all. He had an accident while out running tonight. He is down at the hospital now getting his ankle looked at. He called me a while a go and asked me to come by and take you to dinner on his tab. He may join us at the restaurant later if all goes well."

"Well, it was nice of you to do that for him. I appreciate it."

"I'm not just doing it for him, I am doing it for you too as well as for myself, I haven't been out for a nice meal for a good while now."

(8:37 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"So, where are we going? Do you know? You said he might join us later so do you know or is he going to call and find out where we went?"

"Cuz, it is a bit strange, I know where we are going, but I don't know where it is exactly."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, it is someplace I have never heard of or been before but he gave me directions."

(8:49 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"OK, so where is it?"

"He said that you wanted to be surprised and that I should surprise you so I think I will, it sounds like fun."

(8:55 pm Nov 15, 2006)

They walked up to a beat up door on a side street and knocked. A little panel slid back and eyes looked out.

"Speak people!"

"Food for the body, food for the soul."

"Just a second."

The door opened and a very large man in a formal suit welcomed them and passed them through. They walked down a long hall and then came to another closed door. They knocked again. Another panel slid back. More eyes.

"Who's ya people?"

"All a we people is one."

The door opened, "Pass friends, right down those stairs please."

(9:14 pm Nov 15, 2006)

"Cuz, this place is fantastic, how come I never heard of this before?"

"Ain't that the truth, Loqui, how can a place like this fly under the radar? I have never even heard a hint about anything like this being here. We seem to be in for an interesting night.

(9:18 pm Nov 15, 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment